Everyone goes through tough times but not everyone handles things the same way. When times are tough, you have choices. You can choose to let it get to you or you can choose to be happy in spite of it. How you chose to respond to tough situations impacts both you and those around you, so choose wisely.
Being Intentionally Happy
Keep in mind that no one is ever happy 100% of the time, but the more happy experiences you have throughout the day, the happier you are. When people are unhappy, they may retreat, isolate themselves or hibernate. Instead, do things you enjoy doing. Sometimes, just a quick adjustment in what you are doing or the way you are focusing will make you feel better. You can’t always avoid being sad, but you don’t have to immerse yourself in sadness. Here are some things you can do to change your mood:
1. Socialize. Getting together with friends makes us feel supported and loved.
2. Listen to Music. Music has a way of soothing us. Read Unhappy? Music Can Change Your Mood! to learn more about how music can improve your mood.
3. Exercise. Exercise is a natural way of burning stress. If you don’t like to exercise, go for a walk.
4. Write. Writing can be very cathartic and helps to get you better in touch with your feelings.
5. Create Something. When you create something new (be it a craft, a meal, etc.) you use many of your senses at one time and tend to focus on the project. This distraction gives you some time away from your worries.
6. Plan Your Next Step. Every change in your life opens new opportunities. Start thinking about your next personal project. Start planning.
7. Sit in the Sun. Natural light is a great way to boost your mood.
8. Watch a Funny Video or Movie. Laughing is a great way to change your mood.
9. Take Good Care of Yourself. Eat well. Get a good nights sleep. Get up. Take a shower. Get dressed.
10. Be Grateful for Good Things. There is always something to be grateful for, even in the darkest moments. Everything good and bad is a learning experience. At the very least, be happy for the lesson learned.
What are some of the things you do to be happier??
(Photo Credits: Pixabay )